Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finding Beauty in The Process

I’m sitting in the LAX airport right now. I love airports….on most days. Today I love it because God is reminding me of where I was almost a year ago. I was on the World Race, and we were leaving Asia. We flew from the Philippines to Nicaragua, but this included a connection in LA. That was a semi difficult trip for me. We ended up staying in the States for 2 days due to confusion with dates and times. I must admit that I had a little anxiety about setting foot on US soil. There was a little culture shock mixed in with the fact that I didn’t feel ready to see a familiar place. It was only 2 days, but I didn’t want to slip back to where I was before the race. God was birthing things inside of me and changing me in so many ways, and entering the States didn’t feel safe. I wasn’t prepared for it. It felt like I was leaving the womb prematurely. In the end, I was fine. And when the race was over, God had truly made me ready to come home.

All of this reminiscing about where I was a year ago just launches me into adoration for God. Isn’t it so beautiful that He doesn’t leave us the way we are; He doesn’t just redeem us and leave us alone. He changes and transforms us. Just think about what has happened in the last year – How has He changed you? We are always in process on this wonderful journey. I just love it! Isn’t He so good?! He cares so much about us that He continues to take us to new places. He takes us deeper. He transforms us. He calls us closer.

Thank you God, that you are a God of transformation! Whatever journey He has you on today, I pray that you feel His arms surrounding you and that you know He has your good in His heart.

No comments: