Thursday, February 2, 2012

Purpose.

I realize that some would give a lot to be in my situation. Even still, there is some difficulty in waking up each morning with no prescribed or pre-defined purpose.

I don't have children; I don't have a job or school; I don't have a significant other. What do I pour myself into? What is my purpose?

Don't misunderstand me. I find plenty to keep me busy. I certainly have goals, intentional pursuits and investments. Yet, simultaneously, about once a week, I find myself feeling as though I lack purpose. No worry....I fully know this isn't true.

But strip away everything that occupies your time, energy, thoughts, money. Remove the things that possess your days and weekends. Get rid of obligations and unfulfilling committments. Take away the things that force you to get out of bed every morning....

Now, what is your purpose?

I'm learning that God, alone, is my purpose. When there is no one and nothing else; when life is in it's most distilled state, here, I find that He is my purpose. He is my one thing. Communion with the Trinity is my one pursuit. I am after that always.

I'm thankful for this season. And I'm grateful for the founding of this core belief. Because at some point, all the other things aren't going to be enough.

3 comments:

Jake Morris said...

Julie, you are one amazing woman! I am excited to hear about everything God does in Mozambique!!!!!!!!!!

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

Jules, can i just say amen and amen...truth truth truth. Thank you Holy Spirit that you take us thru seasons of distilling...so good!