Monday, September 27, 2010

I Can't See 6 Inches In Front Of My Face.

I'm in a good place. Resting in His hands. I feel like I can't see 6 inches in front of my face. You know how when you are in a pitch black room and you can't see your hand when you hold it in front of your face. That is a simile of my life right now. The funny thing is I'm not afraid. I have no anxiety. I get my MCAT scores back in about 2 weeks. I feel like my life is somewhat on hold until then. I have no idea where I will be next month. There are things in my heart, but I don't know where I will be next month or next year. But it is good. Always good....

My hope is in Him. How sweet and how unbelievably soothing it is to know that my future is in the hands of someone who has my absolute best in mind. Someone who has not even the smallest trace of self in mind. Someone who can't lead me wrong...it's not even in His character or person. He can only do good. He only has good things. He only has the best. My future is not even that safe in my own hands. My thoughts are tainted with what I think is best or what I have been conditioned to expect. But He is just so good. Their are few words to describe how unconditional and perfect and kind and unselfish and pure He is. I rest in His goodness. That is where I find my peace. It is so peaceful and restful in His lap, with my future in His hands, not in mine. He is someone you can trust. For He is absolutely safe (not safe in a way that won't stretch or challenge you, but safe in that He always fights for your best - that's what is in His heart for you). The best parents in the world don't even have the capacity to be this good. I can't fully explain it, you have to experience Him in that way personally.

Ask Him to reveal His goodness, His kindness, the absolute way that He is for you.

1 comment:

Mitzi Estefanía said...

Julie. This made me cry. You are as deep as the depths of the earth, I LOVE YOU. -rbbt.